The British Taxi LIABILITY WAIVER/DISCLAIMER.
1. The LESSEE acknowledges he/she will carefully examine the vehicle prior to boarding and find it suitable for the purpose for which it is leased, and that other accessory equipment is also in suitable and acceptable condition; that he/she will act with caution and good judgement at all times when riding in the vehicle/s. LESSEE agrees to not board the vehicle/s if concerned for the safety of themselves or other third parties.
2. Additional fees (determined by a third party vendor) shall be charged by the The British Taxi as compensation for wear and tear, for reimbursement of articles damaged, missing or broken. LESSEE agrees to pay said charges.
3. The LESSEE agrees to pay $100 for clean up fees for fluid spillages of any kind to the discretion of the chauffeur or owners.
4. LESSEE agrees not to use The British Taxi vehicles for any unlawful purpose. LESSEE agrees not to act in a careless or negligent manner or risk injury or death to himself/herself, other road users and other third parties.
5. It is AGREED AND UNDERSTOOD BY LESSEE that The British Taxi shall not be held liable for damages, inconvenience or time lost caused by accident, breakdown or malfunction of the vehicle. LESSEE FURTHER AGREES to indemnify and hold harmless the The British Taxi from, and against any and all claims for loss of or damage to property or injury to persons (including death) resulting through the use of said vehicle.
LESSEE further agrees to hold the The British Taxi harmless should loss or damages occur to any of the LESSEE’S personal property while carried in the vehicle, including loss or damage caused by fire, water, theft or any other cause whatsoever.
6. LESSEE expressly agrees to indemnify and hold The British Taxi harmless of, from, and against any and all loss, costs, damages, attorney fees and/ or liabilities in connection with the enforcing of the foregoing rental contract by LESSOR, including expenses incurred in collection or attempting to collect delinquent rent and in the event of suit by LESSOR to recover possession of said rented property and/ or to enforce any of the terms, conditions and/ or provisions hereof. It is understood and agreed that Venue of any action hereunder shall be in the county of The British Taxi.
7. The British Taxi’s ability to provide a vehicle, if reserved, is contingent upon and subject to the return of the unit by the previous lessee, or any other cause beyond The British Taxi’s control.
8. The British Taxi reserves the right to cancel this rental agreement at any time.
9. The British Taxi reserves the right to cancel this rental agreement due to inclement or impending bad weather.
10. The rules and regulations contained herein and as posted on the vehicle, and/ or the grounds by the The British Taxi are for the safety and welfare of all who use the facilities. The LESSEE certifies that he/ she has read and understands said rules and regulations, and further assumes the responsibility to see that his/ her family and/ or guest(s) will obey the rules.
11. Should the LESSEE change the plans as described in the initial itinerary, The British Taxi will do its best to accommodate the new arrangements but will not guarantee forfillment of the revised itinerary. The LESSEE is responsible for accurately describing the details of the booking in the first instance. The British Taxi is not responsible for missed events, tardiness, or any other inconvenience related to such an oversight.
12. Should any term or condition of this Rental Agreement be held void or unenforceable, then that term shall be deemed severed from this Agreement and the enforceability of the remainder shall not be affected and will remain in full force and effect.
13. THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS CONTRACT CONTAINS THE ENTIRE UNDERSTANDING BETWEEN LESSEE AND LESSOR AND THAT NO OTHER REPRESENTATION OR INDUCEMENT, ORAL OR WRITTEN, HAS BEEN MADE WHICH IS NOT INCLUDED IN THIS RENTAL AGREEMENT
I HAVE READ THIS DOCUMENT AND UNDERSTAND IT. I FURTHER UNDERSTAND THAT BY CHECKING THE BOX, I VOLUNTARILY SURRENDER CERTAIN LEGAL RIGHTS.